World Autism Awareness Day
Today is World Autism Awareness Day!
Why is World Autism Awareness Day important
World Autism Awareness Day celebrates the resilience of those affected by the disorder and supports causes that promote awareness of it. Children in schools are educated about autism and encouraged to be accepting of it.
How to observe World Autism Awareness Day
1. To support children with autism, take note of the things that s/he is motivated by. Also, take note of his/her interests.
2. Try to understand how s/he is communicating.
4. Engage with them and play together.
5. Engage him/her in routine activities like cooking, shopping, and cleaning.
Autism is a range of conditions that are characterised by some degree of impaired social behaviour, communication and language, and a narrow range of interests and activities that are unique to the individual and are carried out repetitively.
In order to celebrate today effectively, here is a list of resources you can use to make the day special – or to plan ahead
- UN and other international NGO
- Non-Profits website for the observance